Keep in mind that we provide lifetime updates and dedicated support in order to have no problems with the new versions of WP. Besides that, Engic offers new features in every new release. So please, stay updated.
How to use the Engic Theme 1-click Update
This is for sure the easiest and fastest way to update Engic. The only thing you have to do is to activate the theme update and enter your Themeforest username and an API key (from Envato).
Follow the steps below in order to use the auto update:
- Go Theme Options–> Theme Update
- Enable Theme Update
- Insert your Themeforest username and an API key from your Envato account
- Save changes and you’re ready.
When there is a new update of Engic you will be informed (message at top) in Appearance > Themes screen and in Theme Options screen. Then you will be able to update Engic with just one-click. Don’t forget to update the required plugins in case that you are prompted (read the last 5 steps in this page).
How to update Engic (old-school method)
This is the old-school method for the updates of Engic.
Follow the steps below:
- Deactivate Engic – (activate one of the WP themes like Fourteen)
- Delete Engic
- Upload and install the new version of Engic, then activate it.
- If you won’t get an info message prompting you to update one or both of the required plugins of Engic (Visual Composer and Engic Extension) you’re ready.
In case you prompt to update any or both of the required plugins (Visual Composer and/or Engic Extension)
- Click on Updating Plugins
- Check these plugins and Update
- You’re ready to go!