WeShop also offers multiple predefined positions for the language selector, in the top bar of our Theme and in the Menu Elements, just beside the menu. Additionally, if you need to adjust a custom language switcher there is a specific reference here.
Guides for helping you to translate the main texts of WeShop with WPML
- Use the Advanced Translation Editor. Read more details
- Translation Management & Features. Read more details
- Translating URL slugs. Read more details
- String Translations
a) How to scan the strings of WeShop. Read more details
b) How to translate the strings of WeShop. Read more details
How to translate your admin texts via WPML
If you haven’t done so already, you can set the Admin Language in WPML by following these steps.
Now you can translate your admin texts via the WPML interface under WPML > String Translation.
You can scan for WeShop theme strings by using the following domain reference: admin_texts_weshop_grve_options
How to translate the strings without WPML
First of all, we recommend using the PO Edit to edit and/or translate the static strings of WeShop.
When you install it follow the steps below:
- Go to /weshop/languages/ folder, open the .pot file and generate the po/mo files in your language.
- Translate the strings in your language into the “Translation” column.
- Click to save the file when you finish the translation. Then one .mo file will be created in the same directory.
- Upload these 2 files in /weshop/languages/ folder.
- Finally, you need to go to Settings > General and at the bottom of this page select your preferred language.
An alternative solution is the usage of the Loco Translate plugin. You can easily locate the theme strings and edit these as you wish. This great plugin will regenerate the po/mo files with your changes.
Keep in mind that you do not need to translate all the theme’s strings, you can freely choose what to translate.
Last but not least, WeShop is fully compatible with the Polylang plugin.
Interested in translating a language for WeShop?
We would be grateful if you could help us translating WeShop into multiple languages. If your language isn’t included in WeShop and you translate it on your own, we’d really appreciate it if you could send it to us. In addition, we will include it in the next update of WeShop, so you won’t have to re-upload it. Finally, this will also help out many other users of WeShop.